It’s time to stand up against sedentary behavior!
Did you know that 12 hours is the average time a person sits during the day?
What is sedentary behavior? Time spent sitting, which includes watching TV, driving, eating, and work/school tasks. "Sitting Disease" is a term used by researchers to define those with metabolic syndrome and experiencing the negative impacts of sedentary behavior.
What can you do to decrease sedentary behavior?
- Try walking around your office more frequently during your work day.
- While watching TV, try to stand every 30 minutes.
- Set a timer to remind you to get up more often during your day.
- Stand more, sit less!
3 Benefits of decreasing sedentary time, there are many more!
- Helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improve your mood
- Increase focus/productivity
Blog post by Timarie Villa.